Advocates Supported Home Care is a certified MassHealth-funded Adult Foster Care (AFC) service. Supported Home Care enables individuals with disabilities and elders to live in their own home or in the home of a loved one.
How can Supported Home Care work with my family?Supported Home Care provides your family with ongoing in-home support from a case manager and registered nurse. We locate relevant community and medical resources and services for our families. We compensate family members with a tax-free stipend for the care they are providing to their loved one.
Who qualifies for Supported Home Care?We provide supports for individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Enrolled in MassHealth Standard or CommonHealth
2. 16 years or older
3. Require supervision or hands-on assistance with at least one of the following: bathing, toileting, ambulation, dressing, or eating
*If you have questions or are unsure if you or your loved one would qualify, call to speak to our intake team: 888.628.6885
How will the caregiver benefit from Supported Home Care?Supported Home Care caregivers receive monthly case management and nursing support from our qualified staff. We provide a tax-free monthly stipend paid directly to the caregiver.
What languages does your staff speak?We understand and respect our clients' own cultures. Our staff of case managers and registered nurses speak Cantonese, English, French, Haitian-Creole, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Twi.
Can Supported Home Care help me find a caregiver?Yes. Our Family Placement Specialist and Supported Home Care staff work collaboratively with individuals and families to help them design and choose supports uniquely suited to their needs and wishes.
Which towns in Massachusetts does Supported Home Care service?Supported Home Care provides services in the following Massachusetts counties: Barnstable, Bristol, Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk and Worcester.
How do I contact Supported Home Care?For any questions or to enroll, please contact us at:
*Our team will respond to your phone call or email within 72 hours.
| Advocates Inc., One Clarks Hill, Suite 305, Framingham, MA 01702
- Text size
Supporting you, your loved ones, your friends, Your neighbors...
Advocates provides support services for people with:
- Mental illness or co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse
- Intellectual or developmental disabilities or co-occurring mental illness and developmental disability
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Autism and pervasive developmental disabilities
- Acquired or traumatic brain injury
We also provide support services for:
- Deaf adults with mental illness or a developmental disability
- Families who are supporting a family member with a disability
- Elders living in the community who may have a mental illness or substance abuse disorder
- Adults with a mental health diagnosis in jail or re-entering the community
- Youth in transition from foster care
- Individuals and families who are homeless or at risk for homelessness