Advocates Employment Services provides employment training and work-related supports to a diverse group of adults who are capable of learning and applying various job skills. Supported employment, job placement, and vocational skills training programs all greatly expand opportunities for individuals with disabilities by increasing their confidence, enabling them to earn an income, strengthening their sense of self- worth and independence, and encouraging creativity and self-expression.
Supported Employment combines job planning and placement services with a commitment to long-term employment supports for people with disabilities.
Each person seeking employment will work with one of our Employment Consultants to develop a personal job placement plan.
We will insure that the job seeker assumes an active role in all aspects of the job search. Together, we will pursue work opportunities that match his or her skills and interests.
Once a job is found, the Employment Consultant will work closely with the individual and the new employer to ensure that training and ongoing support is provided.
• Individualized placement training
• Job search preparation and training
• Job development
• Job matching
• On-the-job training and support
• Transportation coordination
• Case management
• Job re-training
• Assistance accessing benefits
Choices is an employment-related day service that offers vocational activities to people who work part-time or are between jobs. It is open between the hours of 9:00 a.m.-3:00p.m., Monday-Friday, to individuals supported by Advocates Employment Services.. Choices is available to individuals who need day supports during the days or hours they are not working.
Services at Choices:
• Training geared to successful job placement and retention
• Work exposure through informational tours & interviews
• Volunteer opportunities at various sites in the MetroWest community where individuals with disabilities have a chance to acquire new job skills and gain valuable experience while working side-by-side with their neighbors and other members of their community.
Advocates Employment Services also provides time-limited job placement services to individuals with learning and/or physical disabilities. These services are suited to people who have had previous work experiences and are looking to re-enter the workforce or change jobs.
| Advocates Inc., One Clarks Hill, Suite 305, Framingham, MA 01702
- Text size
Supporting you, your loved ones, your friends, Your neighbors...
Advocates provides support services for people with:
- Mental illness or co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse
- Intellectual or developmental disabilities or co-occurring mental illness and developmental disability
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Autism and pervasive developmental disabilities
- Acquired or traumatic brain injury
We also provide support services for:
- Deaf adults with mental illness or a developmental disability
- Families who are supporting a family member with a disability
- Elders living in the community who may have a mental illness or substance abuse disorder
- Adults with a mental health diagnosis in jail or re-entering the community
- Youth in transition from foster care
- Individuals and families who are homeless or at risk for homelessness