Advocates' Brain Injury Services offer active treatment to adults with Traumatic or Acquired Brain Injury who are living in the community.
Advocates, Inc. provides Brain Injury services to adults with Traumatic or Acquired Brain Injury (TBI/ABI) who have multiple cognitive, physical, emotional, and/or sensory disabilities.
All services are provided in accordance with each individual's needs and wants in a person-centered plan.
Advocates' Brain Injury Services are coordinated and overseen by professionals in the fields of TBI/ ABI.
Whenever possible, community resources are utilized in the design and delivery of individualized services. This enables us to offer the widest possible range of activities to the people we serve.
Advocates' philosophy of putting people first focuses on capabilities rather than disabilities in order to promote individual rights, responsibilities and personal growth. We work with people to improve independent living skills so that they can achieve their hopes and dreams.
We believe that individuals with Traumatic or Acquired Brain Injury, their families and other persons identified by them are the best authorities on their needs and preferences. We honor their right to make choices and to exercise control over their own lives.
Residential Services • 24- hour staff support
• Supported living model
• Family support
• Social/ recreational activities
• Nursing Services
• Independent living and life skills training
• Self-advocacy skills development
• Transitions to the community
• Health management skills training
• Social/interpersonal skills development
• Emergency linkages in the community
• Skilled rehabilitation services as needed
• Case management support
• Mental health care
CARF International accreditation demonstrates a program's quality, transparency, and commitment to the satisfaction of the persons served. CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services. Toll free (888) 281-6531.
Community and Employment Supports• Case management and community support
• Our Northeast Vocational Rehabilitation (NEVR) Program services individuals with TBI/ABI.
• NEVR, the only MRC-funded program of its kind in the state, exclusively serve individuals with ABI/TBI.
• NEVR provides:
› Vocational counseling from masters-level rehabilitation counselors with expertise in TBI/ABI
› Individualized supports in natural work settings that enhance competitive work retention through long term supports
| Advocates Inc., One Clarks Hill, Suite 305, Framingham, MA 01702
- Text size
Supporting you, your loved ones, your friends, Your neighbors...
Advocates provides support services for people with:
- Mental illness or co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse
- Intellectual or developmental disabilities or co-occurring mental illness and developmental disability
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Autism and pervasive developmental disabilities
- Acquired or traumatic brain injury
We also provide support services for:
- Deaf adults with mental illness or a developmental disability
- Families who are supporting a family member with a disability
- Elders living in the community who may have a mental illness or substance abuse disorder
- Adults with a mental health diagnosis in jail or re-entering the community
- Youth in transition from foster care
- Individuals and families who are homeless or at risk for homelessness